Until 2015 – Entomological Monitoring and Integrated Vector Management (IVM)
Working Group Secretariat
Dr Konstantina Boutsika, Swiss TPH
An extension of the WHO IVM Initiative, this work stream will support countries to undertake a Vector Control Needs Assessment and Strategic Planning. With materials produced through the broader WHO IVM partnership, including the IVM Handbook, Core Training Curriculum and Policy Guidance, partners are developing the cadre of field entomologists and vector control specialists, with the supporting health systems, that are essential of all our work.
- Strengthening public health pesticide management in countries endemic with malaria or other major vector-borne diseases: an evaluation of three strategies Malaria Journal 2014, 13:368, doi:10.1186/1475-2875-13-368.
- Epidemiological approach for malaria control. WHO Guide for Tutors 2nd ed.
- Epidemiological approach for malaria control. WHO Guide for Participants 2nd ed.
- Malaria entomology and vector control. WHO Guide for Tutors.
- Malaria entomology and vector control. WHO Guyide for Participants
- WHO Guidance Note on Capacity Building in Malaria Entomology and Vector Control. September 2013
- Guidance on policy-making for Integrated Vector Management Henk van den Berg, Clifford M. Mutero and Kazuyo Ichimor. WHP/Htm/NtD/vEm/2012.2
- Handbook for Integrated Vector Management WHO/Htm/NtD/vem/2012.3.
- Operational efficiency and sustainability of vector control of malaria and dengue: descriptive case studies from the Philippines Van den Berg et al. Malaria Journal 2012, 11:269.
- Malaria and lymphatic filariasis: the case for integrated vector management The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Volume 13, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 89–94.
- Monitoring and evaluation indicators for Integrated Vector Management WHO/HTM/NTD/VEM/2012.4.
- Core structure for training curricula on Integrated Vector Management WHO/HTm/nTd/vEm/2012.1.
- Provisional strategy for interrupting lymphatic filariasis transmission in loiasis-endemic countries WHO/HTM/NTD/PCT/2012.6.
- Training Manual on Malaria Entomology For Entomology and Vector Control Technicians (Basic Level) [in English], [in French], [in Portuguese], [in Spanish]
- Core structure for training curricula on Integrated Vector Management
- Guidance on policy-making for Integrated Vector Management
- Handbook for Integrated Vector Management
- Exploiting the potential of vector control for disease prevention. Bulletin of the World Health Organization December 2005, 83 (12).
- Report of the WHO consultation on integrated vector management (IVM). WHO headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland 1–4 May 2007.
- Global Strategic Framework for Integrated Vector Management
- WHO position statement on integrated vector management
- Development of a global action plan for integrated vector management (IVM) Report of a WHO Consultation
- Integrated Vector Management Working Group Meeting Reports 2009
- Directory of IVM Institutions in Africa