Building on the success of Lives in the Balance: A COVID-19 Summit for the Health and Well-Being of Women, Children and Adolescents (1-2 July 2020), The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH), CORE Group and UHC2030 will reconvene partners across the globe for a virtual summit to take stock of how COVID-19 is impacting on progress towards achieving universal health coverage (UHC).
Join people from more than 90 countries across multiple sectors and society that have registered for Lives in the Balance: Improving the health of women, children and adolescents through Universal Health Coverage, to be held on Friday, 11 December, 08:00 - 11:00 EST (14:00 - 17:00 CET). Hosted by PMNCH, CORE Group and UHC2030, in collaboration with the RBM Partnership to End Malaria, the event will focus on how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the progress towards Universal Health Coverage commitments, and the exchange of perspectives on how global stakeholders can, together, "do better" for the populations – especially women, children and adolescents - during and after this time of crisis.
Tune in to the live stream for engaging discussions with high-profile speakers, the launch of The State of Commitment to Universal Health Coverage: Synthesis 2020 report and commitments to the PMNCH COVID-19 Call to Action.
- Rt Hon Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand and Board Chair of PMNCH
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General
- Graça Machel, Founder and Chair, Graca Machel Trust and the Foundation for Community Development
- Loyce Pace, President and Executive Director, Global Health Council and Member of Biden-Harris Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board
- Abelone Melesse, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, Ethiopia
- Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, Global Pandemic Preparedness Monitoring Board Co-Chair, former Prime Minister, Norway; former Director-General, WHO
- Dr. Agnès Soucat, Director, Department of Health Systems Governance and Financing, WHO
- Dr. Githinji Gitahi, Group CEO Amref Health Africa & Co-Chair of UHC2030
- Danielle Mullings, Young Expert: Tech for Health (Region of the Americas) and Transform Health, Co-chair of the Resource & Investment Circle
- Claudia López, Major of Bogota, Colombia
Lives in the Balance will feature moderated chats, live polling and entertainment performances, with simultaneous sign language interpretation and French/Spanish translation.
Register now and find all the latest information on the website: www.livesinthebalancesummit2.org.