Interactive discussion on iCCM/community health systems strengthening
29th July at 9:00 NYC/13:00 Dakar/14:00 Kinshasa/15:00 Geneva/16:00 Nairobi
UNICEF would like to build on various initiatives to institutionalize iCCM within community health and PHC and convene you to an interactive discussion with the objective of accelerating the community health systems’ strengthening agenda. We propose a 90 min call on Thursday 29 July with the following three objectives:
- Update colleagues on the iCCM Task Team (including mandate) and looking at opportunities aligned to Global Fund and other donors;
- Revisit the Institutionalizing integrated community case management (iCCM) to end preventable child deaths report and recommendations following the technical consultation meeting July 2019; and
- Share an overview of the Community Health Roadmap process and catalytic initiative.
Three (very) short presentations will be followed by reflections and discussion with participants from which we hope to generate actions that will concretize a longer-term vision for iCCM within community health and leverage much of the momentum and priority setting around community health and PHC.
To that end please see attached some background documents. To help facilitate the discussion, please do feel free to send any questions/comments to @Megan Christensen, iCCM TT coordinator at email@example.com and we will ensure that they are addressed either in the presentation or during the moderated discussion.
We look forward to a candid discussion and please do feel free to share the invitation widely within your agencies and networks.
- iCCM TT
- iCCM TT TOR (attached);
- iCCM country mapping document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LlPJ4ptn8uGHZtepSKDMZKftcQsCpibYURxQKEh6ZBs/edit#gid=1589919957 (view only)
- Institutionalizing integrated community case management (iCCM) to end preventable child deaths meeting
- Final Report (attached);
- Institutionalizing iCCM to end preventable child deaths: A technical consultation and country action planning (Link to all meeting resources): https://www.childhealthtaskforce.org/events/2019/07/institutionalizing-integrated-community-case-management-iccm-end-preventable-child
- Community Health Roadmap: https://www.communityhealthroadmap.org
Join us: https://unicef.zoom.us/j/92015796048