A preprogramme event ahead of the Sixth Global Fund Replenishment Conference
Ahead of the Global Fund's Sixth Replenishment Conference in Lyon, this event will bring together influential speakers and participants to discuss how synergistic investments in the Global Fund and in research and development can translate into accelerated delivery of innovative health tools which are affordable and accessible to the most vulnerable populations, thus saving many more lives and increasing the impact of Global Fund’s resources.
The event will also build on the recommendations made at a consultation in July 2019 with representatives from the Global Fund, the World Health Organization, product development partnerships and other innovators to identify and manage bottlenecks to scaling up access and uptake of health technologies to end HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Aurélien Beaucamp, President, AIDES
- Michèle Boccoz, Director-General Envoy for Multilateral Affairs, World Health Organization - WHO
- Catharina Boehme, CEO, Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics - FIND
- Sherwin Charles, CEO and co-founder of Goodbye Malaria
- Bernard Pécoul, Executive Director, Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative - DNDi
- David Reddy, CEO, Medicines for Malaria Venture - MMV
- Zeda Rosenberg, CEO, International Partnership for Microbicides - IPM
- Stéphanie Seydoux, Ambassador for Global Health, France
- Marijke Wijnroks, Chief of Staff, The Global Fund
Other high-level speakers are expected from the private sector, non-governmental organizations, research institutions and governments.