Nineteenth MiPWG Meeting
The 19th Roll Back Malaria- Malaria in Pregnancy (MIP) Working Group (WG) annual meeting was held from September 18-20, 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland. The meeting was organized in collaboration with the RBM Partnership, The Global Fund, PMI, Jhpiego and the USAID supported Maternal and Child Survival Program.
The objectives of the meeting were:
- To review current working group priorities, structure and activities
- To debrief on the dissemination and implementation of WHO’s new ANC recommendations
- To share best practices in MiP programming from countries
- To present and discuss key research in MiP programming
- To present and discuss new opportunities for innovation in MiP programming
- To identify future working group priorities, strategies and workplan for MiP prioritization
These objectives were achieved through a diverse series of presentations, panel discussions and group brainstorming sessions. Speakers included technical and programmatic leaders, donors, researchers and NMCP and MCH country representatives who shared their country experiences with MiP targets and interventions.