Vacancy - Sub Regional Network Coordinator, West and Central Africa
Application period: 25-Nov-2021 to 09-Jan-2022
"Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply."
The RBM Partnership to End Malaria is a global health initiative created to implement coordinated action against malaria. It mobilizes for action and resources and forges consensus among partners. RBM works mainly through Partner Committees (PCs) which formalize, consolidate and amplify the Partnership priorities of advocacy, resource mobilization, and country/regional support. Each Partner Committee is supported by a Partner Committee Manager employed by the RBM Management Team.
The Country/Regional Support Partner Committee (CRSPC) provides a platform to engage the RBM Partnership community in coordinating support to countries and regions as they execute their malaria control and elimination implementation programmes. Support is tailored to suit the requirements and existing capacity in each country and region.
A Sub Regional Coordinator will be recruited to support a sub-regional approach to ensure that coordination and collaboration by stakeholders is effective at the sub-regional level. This approach will be operationalized with sub-regional support to Eastern and Southern Africa, as well as to Western and Central Africa, in close collaboration with existing structures and partners. Each of these two sub-regional units will consist of a Sub-Regional Coordinator and a Coordination Officer working under the auspices of the CRSPC, to co-ordinate and facilitate communications and support between national malaria control programmes (NMCPs) and partners within the sub-region.
Working with the Partner Committee Manager at the RBM Secretariat, the Sub-Regional Network Coordinator will coordinate and facilitate support to malaria endemic countries to implement the approved CRSPC work plan including to:
- Convene, coordinate and facilitate NMCPs and partners to create a vibrant network at sub/regional level, working with core regional partners including through Regional Economic blocks;
- Support countries on sub-regional and country level to improve access to, absorption and effective use of funds;
- Collaborate with WHO country and regional offices to facilitate countries to develop, review and/or align Malaria Strategic Plans, update gap analysis, Malaria Information Systems, program reviews, strategies, develop Business Plans;
- Facilitate the CRSPC technical assistance support to countries for resource mobilization activities including the developing of Global Fund funding request proposals;
- Convene various small and large scale meetings on sub regional level
- Undertake joint missions as necessary with regional partners such as the Global Fund Fund-Portfolio Managers, the President’s Malaria Initiative with the Malaria Operational Plans and in-country partners to identify and resolve implementation challenges;
- Facilitate the operationalising of an early warning system which is an integral part of the CRSPC work plan to identifies bottlenecks, and implement a rapid response mechanism to support countries to overcome implementation bottlenecks including enhancing absorptive capacity, addressing emergencies accelerate programme implementation.
The position maybe based in Dakar, Senegal or Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. The exact location will be determined prior to the finalization of the recruitment process.