Tackling malaria: A win-win for saving lives and preventing future pandemics
We are pleased to invite you to Tackling malaria: A win-win for saving lives and preventing future pandemics, our upcoming virtual event.
As we approach the G7 Summit in June, the event will explore how the G7 can support and work with malaria endemic countries to strengthen local health systems in some of the most vulnerable communities to help counter existing disease threats such as COVID-19 and malaria, as well as detect and prevent future pandemics.
The event will also be an opportunity for leaders and representatives from G7 and malaria endemic countries, to stand shoulder to shoulder ahead of the formal G7 Summit, to make a shared commitment to advancing global health security and pandemic preparedness, whilst at the same time revitalising progress against one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Abdourahmane Diallo, CEO of the RBM Partnership to End Malaria
- Ms Wendy Morton MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Ms Rachael Banda Mukande, Community Health Worker at the Mapalo Clinic in Zambia
- Dr John Nkengasong, Director of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mr Peter Sands, Executive Director of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- H.E. Ms Marina Sereni, Italian Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Ms Stéphanie Seydoux, French Ambassador for Global Health
Further details regarding speakers and the full agenda will be circulated in the coming weeks. We look forward to welcoming you.
This event is hosted by Malaria No More UK, in partnership with Malaria No More US, the RBM Partnership to End Malaria, the Global Fund, Friends of the Global Fund Europe, the Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance, and the UN Foundation.